Want to start a new program?

Part of the massive benefit to being a member of a forum is to find people that can help you out! Maybe you need an article written, a blog post created, some graphic work done, maybe even a programming tip or two...

Think of this like a classified section for awesome sauce online marketers!

Whatever you are looking for, the 'Net-Work' will be able to help!

Moderator: Richard Taylor

Richard Taylor

Want to start a new program?

Post by Richard Taylor » Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:15 am

Yes, ladies and gents, this is YOUR opportunity to get in on the ground floor of one of the newest concepts in the history of ...

Whatever you think is a good idea!

Here's the deal. I want to do some research on an idea that came about from a discussion at Jon's Action Group Zoom meeting. What I need is someone to help make it happen.

The scope of the project is the "First true niche market TE". Take a vertical concept, build the infrastructure, market it, and track results.

It is based on a discussion about how most TE owners treat their business more as a hobby than a business. So, why not build one around a 'hobby' or specific interest? Obviously, it would need to be something with a wide enough audience to attract a suitable user base (target 10K members to start) using proven (not currently used in TEs) models as a basis and adapt a commercially available script. Looking at the LFMTE at the moment for the base.

Since timers in TEs are basically moot at this point, change the way people surf to accommodate a different approach suitable to the changing market. The adaptation of the 'credit' would also be modified, although not eliminated. Focus on different market strategy.

I will bank the project. Buy the script and domain, get graphic/site design, have needed mods and concepts coded, arrange initial advertising, etc..

What I need from someone else is the 'focus market' to explore, help with admin/support and to define the end product. In return, you will get a share of any revenue generated AND once my research is done, the option to take control of the site.

This could be an opportunity to help start a program, get experience in operations, learn new skills, and build a market base in a different venue.

I am open to ideas. Let me know what you think may be a good venue, options, mods, etc. in the comments. If interested in joining on this path, let me know that as well. Let's see what can be built!
"The only limits we have are those we impose upon ourselves. Remove the limits!"

NFO-Wisdom

Re: Want to start a new program?

Post by NFO-Wisdom » Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:59 pm

Well Richard,

I've always had the plan, the idea, I even tried to discuss with you, but couldn't
pull you away from all the clicking for cookies and chasing the rabbit.

Now the Te's are becoming a sinking ship and you guys scrambing to save the Titanic!

Richard Taylor

Post by Richard Taylor » Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:29 pm

Hey Rod :)

I'm not trying to save anything. I do agree, though, the current state of TEs does need to be looked at further. Nothing much has changed over the past decade besides adding more games, surfing rewards, and encouraging clicking for pennies. The steady influx of less than stellar sites has done much harm to the overall model. Only a (very) few offer value to the consumer.

I want quantitative data upon which to base decisions on a future project. The TE descriptor I used for this current posting is more to identify a base model concept than the final product. It may utilize off the shelf programming to initialize the project, but the end result will, with any luck, be anything but that.

What I envision for this will not be similar in scope to the overwhelming body of the current model. In fact, from outward appearance, it may not resemble what is considered a TE by most here at all.

Thanks for the input! I hope to see more from others as this continues. :)
"The only limits we have are those we impose upon ourselves. Remove the limits!"

Q-Zon

Post by Q-Zon » Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:50 pm

This made me think of stumbleupon when reading. Although at heart it had TE like features, it was the fact that it hit a nerve with the non marketing everyday folks just browsing the web. It's possible for the "TE" to evolve that's for sure. I liken it to the 4 minute mile story, no one thought it was possible until someone just did it.

In regards to your ambitious idea, I look forward to seeing what comes of it and I wish you the best with it!
Yes, It's Me :)

NFO-Wisdom

Post by NFO-Wisdom » Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:36 am

Richard Taylor wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:29 pm
Hey Rod :)

I'm not trying to save anything. I do agree, though, the current state of TEs does need to be looked at further. Nothing much has changed over the past decade besides adding more games, surfing rewards, and encouraging clicking for pennies. The steady influx of less than stellar sites has done much harm to the overall model. Only a (very) few offer value to the consumer.

I want quantitative data upon which to base decisions on a future project. The TE descriptor I used for this current posting is more to identify a base model concept than the final product. It may utilize off the shelf programming to initialize the project, but the end result will, with any luck, be anything but that.

What I envision for this will not be similar in scope to the overwhelming body of the current model. In fact, from outward appearance, it may not resemble what is considered a TE by most here at all.

Thanks for the input! I hope to see more from others as this continues. :)
Hi Richard :D

Value you say?

Jon often uses the word value.

Define value in a Te?

The only value in a Te is gaining sound mind quality referrals that's not pushing
a Te on a Te, those are far and in between.

I can practically log into any number of Te's and count 95 out of 100 clicks and see nothing
but Te's in the rotation. So boring. It's so boring, they reduce the timer. Then you gamify
the Te's.

So please explain the value.

You guys ran off the MLM'ers

That leaves you with members from 2nd and 3rd world countries and baby boomers in Te's for pastime.

JonOlson

Post by JonOlson » Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:51 am

How would you change it Rod, and don't say Pizza Plan 3.

Offer suggestions on how to improve the TE's.
"Saving Unicorns Daily!"

NFO-Wisdom

Post by NFO-Wisdom » Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:46 pm

Jon,

Making suggestions, nothing in it for me.

Several times I put out some wisdom and some Te owners picked up on it.

I recall one event, making up a web page style in the profile area for members,
added on Stars, put some wording with it and Josh and Puddy did away with the
members profile page.

By all means, don't educate newbies to move forward and gain knowledge
and know how. Shut that down and give Rod the boot.

Next thing I know, a new Te is born. Star surfers, something like that, you know the site.

JonOlson

Post by JonOlson » Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:49 pm

Talk. Talk. Talk. No action.

But what's in it for you?

Ego and pride lol To know you 'got the industry to be profitable'.
"Saving Unicorns Daily!"

NFO-Wisdom

Post by NFO-Wisdom » Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:52 pm

Jon Says:
How would you change it Rod, and don't say Pizza Plan 3.

Offer suggestions on how to improve the TE's.

Over the years I've made suggestions. Te owners don't want to hear it,

Your version of Pizza Plan 3 went to the left.

My version of Pizza Plan 3 goes to the right.

In Te owners vision, it will kill the cash cow for Te owners
Or, they lack the wisdom and vision.

NFO-Wisdom

Post by NFO-Wisdom » Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:54 pm

JonOlson wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:49 pm
Talk. Talk. Talk. No action.

But what's in it for you?

Ego and pride lol To know you 'got the industry to be profitable'.

Jon, you've always stated your biz is profitable and rack in over million dollars a year.

I've never doubted you, it's your story and you can tell it your way.