Market metrics

Anything and everything should be discussed here. News and happenings going on in the world of online marketing!

Moderator: Richard Taylor

What is the median age group for people that use TEs?

18-25
No votes
26-35
23%
36-45
8%
46-55
31%
56-65
38%
over 65
No votes

Total votes: 13

Richard Taylor

Market metrics

Post by Richard Taylor » Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:25 am

Age plays a role in marketing and advertising. Knowing the age groups that you are working with can allow for better targeting. In what range do you think the average TE user falls into?
"The only limits we have are those we impose upon ourselves. Remove the limits!"

JonOlson

Re: Market metrics

Post by JonOlson » Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:29 am

I chose 56-65.

Seems to hit most of our audience.
"Saving Unicorns Daily!"

joebrochin

Post by joebrochin » Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:07 am

Rich,
I have to go with Jon. Now, that said, I base that of what "seems" to be. Not real data to back it up, just an "un-educated" guess.
Learn to surf the internet the safe and efficient way! Safe Surfing Tips

kurosivo

Post by kurosivo » Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:59 pm

45-55 was my choice....based on the connections I've made so far through TE. There is, of course, the possibility that I, subconsciously, target with my ads, that group.
Christos Apostolides
My Short Traffic Exchange List
======================
My Splash Ads - For Rod's sake! :)

rockyjohnson

Post by rockyjohnson » Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:37 am

Who will come to TE Industry? A person looking to earn some Money Online.
There are people from all age groups but majority what I feel are
A person starting his career or studying age group of approx 18-26 years, so he can earn some extra cash while studying and starting his career.
Other groups are 50+ who have retired or lost jobs due to age and non-technical background due to advances in technology, start working from home to earn some money or some extra cash and even pass their free time after retirement.

Richard Taylor

Post by Richard Taylor » Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:57 pm

Joe Brochin reminded me on a different thread that I was going to look up some related data and post it. So, to that end . . .

In 2006-2007 we did some research into the market demographics at that point within TEs. We used two primary resources, a survey ran in the TEs, and an email campaign. Given the TE market, the response rate was low, but the sampling was of about 1,200 people. The highest response rate was from within the TEs at 72%, with the remainder from email.

Respondent Data:
  • Median age: 54
    Time spent using a TE: 4.3 hours daily
    Location: 71% U.S./Canada 14% UK/Europe 9% SE Asia/India 5% Australia/NZ 1% Unknown (based on server IP logs)
    Income: Inconclusive data response - less than 12% responded to this criteria. Of that, 82% indicated <$16K per annum, with 9% >$25K. In additional comments, 67% indicated they were unemployed, retired, or disabled and living on limited income relating to that.
Although limited in response, the data was consistent with observations in other related data acquisition prior to that time. Given the responses here with regard to age, it would seem that the market is still leveraged to the higher end demographic. Other aspects could, then, be assumed to follow previous data. Of course, further research would be needed to identify specific changes, and make finite determinations.
"The only limits we have are those we impose upon ourselves. Remove the limits!"

joebrochin

Post by joebrochin » Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:43 pm

Even with the limited data I think it starts telling a very good story.
Learn to surf the internet the safe and efficient way! Safe Surfing Tips