To View Or Not To View?

Anything and everything should be discussed here. News and happenings going on in the world of online marketing!

Moderator: Richard Taylor

kurosivo

To View Or Not To View?

Post by kurosivo » Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:29 pm

Let me start by saying that I do all my surfing with turned off speakers. I am also a reader rather than a viewer. On many occasions, I have joined programs that I ended up deleting only because their manuals were just videos. So my opinion WILL BE biased.

I know that they are more or less the norm nowadays and are considered extremely effective but I consider the usage of videos at traffic exchanges as bad strategy. I, personally, have never in almost a year of surfing, stopped to watch a video.

I have used a video in traffic exchanges, but that was only because it was subtitled! Subtitles are a great way to have the best of both..video and text!
Christos Apostolides

Am I a scammer?

JonOlson

Re: To View Or Not To View?

Post by JonOlson » Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:47 pm

I generate about 5-10 leads a day using nothing but traffic exchanges and ONLY using video.

When I promote something, it's only via video in the TE's.

Do I think everyone is stopping and watching it? Not at all, but those that do, I'm grabbing their attention.

I personally think video is a must for traffic exchange advertising.
"Saving Unicorns Daily!"

kurosivo

Post by kurosivo » Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:32 pm

JonOlson wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:47 pm
I generate about 5-10 leads a day using nothing but traffic exchanges and ONLY using video.

When I promote something, it's only via video in the TE's.

Do I think everyone is stopping and watching it? Not at all, but those that do, I'm grabbing their attention.

I personally think video is a must for traffic exchange advertising.
Jon, I did say that my opinion is biased...but let me ask you. If you are using nothing but video how do you know if that is indeed the best way to do it? I mean you do have to compare it to something else, isn' it?

I want also to add, that a to a lot of people that English is not our native language, can sometimes be difficult to understand everything in an amateur video. - I am not, of course, referring to your videos which I am sure that they are of the highest quality! :)
Christos Apostolides

Am I a scammer?

JonOlson

Post by JonOlson » Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:36 pm

It's a great question.

I usually split test a few lead capture pages / splash pages and see the results using trck.me

and it's like 10:1 ratio the amount of action and sign ups I get from using video versus a static page with no moving parts.

:)
"Saving Unicorns Daily!"

blainjones

Post by blainjones » Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:03 pm

I almost exclusively use video in everything that i do.

We are no longer in an era where video takes too long to load to be effective.

I know by testing that videos provide a much better result than any other form within traffic exchanges.

Sure, there are people that don't like video. But at the same time, video is an advertising norm and refusing to accept what is normal and standard is part of why i feel traffic exchanges get left behind as a viable advertising source in the marketing world.

They've even been referred to as the newspaper of the digital world.

It's sad, but you can always see some truth in it. That's why traffic exchanges that have gone above the norm of just the basic script always do better.
Build Your List ->http://telistbuilder.com

Richard Taylor

Post by Richard Taylor » Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:13 pm

We live in a visual environment. Visionary stimuli can correlate to a higher degree than the written word. We rely on our eyes and ears to ascertain much about not only our surroundings but the people we interact with. We seek, consciously or subconsciously, the indicators needed to make determinations. Body language, voice inflection, the manner of presentation - all add 'values' to our estimation, either good or bad, of the person who we are listening too or observing. This is lost in the written word.

Much can be relayed with words alone, without a doubt. We only have to look to resources from which we learn, find entertainment and relate to others non-verbally. However, in those cases, we have already adopted a predetermined 'validity' to what we read. That does not carry over, as some studies have shown, to other interactions.

Video can relay a more powerful display of not only words but other, not articulated, aspects that add credence to what is being seen/heard.

A video does have its place, more predominantly today, in the market. To dismiss that as being of a minor value would, in my opinion, be a mistake.
"The only limits we have are those we impose upon ourselves. Remove the limits!"

kurosivo

Post by kurosivo » Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:25 am

Richard Taylor wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:13 pm
We live in a visual environment. Visionary stimuli can correlate to a higher degree than the written word. We rely on our eyes and ears to ascertain much about not only our surroundings but the people we interact with. We seek, consciously or subconsciously, the indicators needed to make determinations. Body language, voice inflection, the manner of presentation - all add 'values' to our estimation, either good or bad, of the person who we are listening too or observing. This is lost in the written word.

Much can be relayed with words alone, without a doubt. We only have to look to resources from which we learn, find entertainment and relate to others non-verbally. However, in those cases, we have already adopted a predetermined 'validity' to what we read. That does not carry over, as some studies have shown, to other interactions.

Video can relay a more powerful display of not only words but other, not articulated, aspects that add credence to what is being seen/heard.

A video does have its place, more predominantly today, in the market. To dismiss that as being of a minor value would, in my opinion, be a mistake.
Wow, Richard! How can I contradict what you so eloquently, and well reasoned, argue? Will the same though argument carried more significance or weight if you have just sat in front of a monitor and read it out loud? For me none! I do enjoy nicely done video clips and advertisements, but what we mainly see in our end of the marketing scene is just people sitting in front of a monitor reading text. Hardly a visual happening! :)

I am writing this at 07:00 and I have to run for my daily errands...I will try to elaborate upon this later!
Christos Apostolides

Am I a scammer?

rockyjohnson

Post by rockyjohnson » Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:30 am

I feel the text is the way for TE's.
Most of the TE's have timers around approx 3-7 seconds, and if we look at the world audience, not everyone has very high speed connections still in this digital age. So while surfing it can buffer on pages with videos while timer has stopped and surfer will just move on to the next page.
If you love listening to Music while surfing, videos auto-playing can be a big pain :D

JonOlson

Post by JonOlson » Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:27 am

That's a fair point about 3-7 seconds.

That's why your videos need to capture attention right away. I've always said, as long as you are putting something out there that capture attention, people will stop and look.

As for listening to music while surfing LOL man don't get me started.
"Saving Unicorns Daily!"

CarlaFrey

Post by CarlaFrey » Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:02 am

I agree with you. i prefer the pages that have the text as well.. too many videos give me headaches so I usually surf without sound as well. If I want to watch something more I will open in a new page and come back to it after surfing so i can give it my full attention. I love video to a point for instructions, etc. but in ads you almost go immune to it like commercials..
I'm here to help others to be all they dream of and learn from all of you.
http://carlas-earnincomeonline.com