The Crypto Conundrum

Anything and everything should be discussed here. News and happenings going on in the world of online marketing!

Moderator: Richard Taylor

JonOlson

The Crypto Conundrum

Post by JonOlson » Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:43 pm

So by now, we've heard the news....Bitcoin hit $10,000 USD....And then rose to 11k, and then sank to 9k LOL

It's a pretty volatile market and there will be plenty of ups and downs.

But here's the question...

Is crypto currency the future of money?

Will this be how we conduct business on a peer to peer basis rather than going through a third party like a bank or PayPal?

We all know the drama that PayPal can cause but will the grass be greener on the other side?

Thoughts? Ideas?
"Saving Unicorns Daily!"

lenamarie

Re: The Crypto Conundrum

Post by lenamarie » Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:54 pm

Well, so far it is a winner for me... I have been "dripping" bitcoin for a while now... and I paid Blain for the TE bitcoin app with bitcoin... and I just did a test on a member for a bitcoin payout and they received it in less than 10 minutes... I have NOT bought any bitcoin, just what I got from the faucets, and plan to keep it that way... I plan to post that as a payout option "when available"...
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming... 'Wow! What a ride!'

joebrochin

Post by joebrochin » Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:41 pm

Sorry, I know very little about bitcoin right now and it is not mainstream enough for me to trust it yet.
If you don't take CC or Paypal, you wont get my moola.
Learn to surf the internet the safe and efficient way! Safe Surfing Tips

MatthiasBKlein

Post by MatthiasBKlein » Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:43 pm

Is there ANY DIFFERENCE between a US$ Bill (or in my case an € Bill) and Toilet Paper folks? Nope it aint... Folks BELEIVE they get something for it tomorrow...
The #BitCoin Hype helps me a little as I get more 'Money' day by day for my translations- BUT Paper- Money is a Scam and nothing more...

JonOlson

Post by JonOlson » Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:46 pm

joebrochin wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:41 pm
Sorry, I know very little about bitcoin right now and it is not mainstream enough for me to trust it yet.
And that's why it's a harder sell for the majority of people. Not mainstream enough and new.

I think savvy businesses will accept all 3 options going forward :)
"Saving Unicorns Daily!"

JonOlson

Post by JonOlson » Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:47 pm

MatthiasBKlein wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:43 pm
Is there ANY DIFFERENCE between a US$ Bill (or in my case an € Bill) and Toilet Paper folks? Nope it aint... Folks BELEIVE they get something for it tomorrow...
The #BitCoin Hype helps me a little as I get more 'Money' day by day for my translations- BUT Paper- Money is a Scam and nothing more...
Oh I agree. It'll be interesting to see what the gold and silver folks think about this too.
"Saving Unicorns Daily!"

blainjones

Post by blainjones » Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:54 pm

joebrochin wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:41 pm
Remember when PayPal first came out? Or even online shopping and how it wasn't "Main Stream". Also remember the people that jumped on those things and saw that opportunity to better their business and themselves from it?

The biggest difference is the people that took action when they came out and even years after they came out, made a HUGE impact on how we use them today. BitCoin is already proven that it isn't going anywhere for quite some time and the people that accept it almost always also accept other methods of payments.

But if you are an owner of any business and are looking to expand your market potential, this should be a no brainer.

Will it's value fluctuate? Of course, just like any currency. And in time it will become much more consistent, but I guarantee you that the people that are using it in the early stages and even now are seeing major benefit from it.

So while it is a personal decision, you also have to ask yourself whether it is a sound business decision.
Build Your List ->http://telistbuilder.com

joebrochin

Post by joebrochin » Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:16 pm

Remember when PayPal first came out? Or even online shopping and how it wasn't "Main Stream". Also remember the people that jumped on those things and saw that opportunity to better their business and themselves from it?
All good points. Nice discussion so far and I'm learning more as we continue to discuss it.
Learn to surf the internet the safe and efficient way! Safe Surfing Tips

CarlaFrey

Post by CarlaFrey » Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:59 am

I think time will tell with Bitcoin. The thing that i get confused on the most are the forks that have been occuring splitting it up. I have acquired some over the last year and look forward to when it is easier to spend main stream.. in the meanwhile, I'll watch it grow, add to it and see what happens..
I'm here to help others to be all they dream of and learn from all of you.
http://carlas-earnincomeonline.com

kurosivo

Post by kurosivo » Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:27 pm

JonOlson wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:47 pm
MatthiasBKlein wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:43 pm
Oh I agree. It'll be interesting to see what the gold and silver folks think about this too.
Somebody could argue that all forms of currency, none excluded, hold their value by convention and that the real "currency" of the world, and for everything existing in it, is energy.
Christos Apostolides

Am I a scammer?