Metrics #3

Anything and everything should be discussed here. News and happenings going on in the world of online marketing!

Moderator: Richard Taylor

Where are you on using video in your business?

Not interested
17%
Not currently using it but looking at options
25%
Using it now
58%

Total votes: 12

Richard Taylor

Metrics #3

Post by Richard Taylor » Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:55 pm

Video. Love it, hate it, we see it everywhere. It isn't something that just burst onto the scene. The first advertisement on television was aired July 1, 1941. It hasn't stopped since.

Where do you stand on using it in your business, and why?
"The only limits we have are those we impose upon ourselves. Remove the limits!"

CarlaFrey

Re: Metrics #3

Post by CarlaFrey » Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:05 am

I've only done 1, but plan on adding it a lot more in my advertising and marketing
I'm here to help others to be all they dream of and learn from all of you.
http://carlas-earnincomeonline.com

lenamarie

Post by lenamarie » Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:20 am

Still trying to see how it can best be used for me....
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming... 'Wow! What a ride!'

JonOlson

Post by JonOlson » Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:22 am

lenamarie wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:20 am
Still trying to see how it can best be used for me....
Lead capture, building your TE, bringing more awareness to your personal brand. Endless possibilities. :)
"Saving Unicorns Daily!"

JonOlson

Post by JonOlson » Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:22 am

Without video, there is no....Jon Olson lol

Seriously, I love video. And I think it's best investment of your time, get behind the camera, and press record!

See whathappens, you'll be amazed at the results :)
"Saving Unicorns Daily!"

scottrohn

Post by scottrohn » Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:17 pm

Without video I don't think I am where I am today. For me the use of video has allowed more people to really get to know who I am. More so than sticking My pic on a splash page. The results I get on My video squeeze pages blow away the pages I've used without video. And yes there are videos I made that stunk up the joint. But overall My video pages have by far outdone the one's with no video. ;)
If you really think about it what's more likely going to get You to buy something an ad on the Television, in the newspaper on the radio a billboard, or in a magazine. For me it's the ad on TV. Video has been the #1 way to advertise since they put the first commercial on TV, It's a proven fact. And when magazines like Tech Crunch ( not sure if that's how they spell it) and Mashable say that video is the #1 way to advertise. I think you really need to listen

kurosivo

Post by kurosivo » Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:53 pm

I'd like your opinion on something that keeps swirling in my mind.

Will a video, with exactly the same content but with different "performer", deliver the same results?
Christos Apostolides

Am I a scammer?

JonOlson

Post by JonOlson » Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:44 pm

kurosivo wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:53 pm

Will a video, with exactly the same content but with different "performer", deliver the same results?
Good question.

I mean, I think it should be unique myself. But the argument could be, it's unique depending on who presents it.
"Saving Unicorns Daily!"

Richard Taylor

Post by Richard Taylor » Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:43 pm

kurosivo wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:53 pm

There are some variables to consider. Who the 'performer' is, of course, is one. If it is someone with impeccable social cred, widespread notoriety, and can deliver the message well, then it could equal or possibly improve the results.

The reverse is also possible. Someone that has less understanding of the product/service, even though imparting the same information, may not be able to express it as well as you could. Generally speaking, who is better than the person responsible for the product/service to talk about it?

Also, consider that the 'performer' doesn't necessarily have to be visible, or even human, to be the center point of the video. Voice over and animation is used extensively in advertising and can provide excellent results. Whiteboard presentations with you, or someone else, speaking is one such example.

The brand presentation is also a factor. Are you trying to instill transparency in your business and present yourself as the 'go to' person? Then you should consider doing them yourself, or at least be the voice they hear in presentations. Unless you have George Clooney on the screen, people expect to see/hear the person behind JohnDoe.com.

Again, another point to consider is if you are representing a 'business persona' more than a 'personal' one, having other spokespersons presenting can be as beneficial overall.

And we haven't even addressed the possibilities of using testimonial and/or endorsement video applications, which presents their own unique challenges and potential.

There are no easy answers to what 'works' in advertising and promotional efforts. The best you can do is try various things and see what produces the best results for your application and target audience.
"The only limits we have are those we impose upon ourselves. Remove the limits!"

blainjones

Post by blainjones » Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:02 am

I use video consistently in everything that I do. Whether it be personal videos or whiteboard videos. I try to use it in everything in some fashion or another.
Build Your List ->http://telistbuilder.com