Another One Bites The Dust (No More PayPal For TrafficWave)

Anything and everything should be discussed here. News and happenings going on in the world of online marketing!

Moderator: Richard Taylor

BenScott

Another One Bites The Dust (No More PayPal For TrafficWave)

Post by BenScott » Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:11 am

I checked my email this morning and this is what I found from TrafficWave.

"Effective immediately, we will no longer be partnering with PayPal as an online payment option.

What this means for TrafficWave:
We will continue to provide powerful email marketing tools to businesses and entrepreneurs around the world. TrafficWave still accepts recurring subscription payments via Payza , or by credit/debit cards carrying the Visa, Master Card, Discover, or American Express logo.

What this means for our Affiliates who have been using PayPal:

Commission disbursements will no longer be processed through PayPal. When you switch your account payment method, your commissions will be disbursed either via Payza (if you are paying for your account with Payza) or via check (if you are paying via credit/debit card). For your convenience, any accrued commissions will be added to your affiliate commission balance (withheld), until you have edited your payment profile.

We are aggressively researching other, more convenient "eWallet" type options to make things easier for users around the world to continue using these powerful email marketing tools in their business.

We acknowledge that this abrupt announcement affects many of our customers, and apologize for any minor inconvenience it has caused for you, our valued customer."

The good thing is they have a credit card option. But I'm kind of surprise TrafficWave lasted so long with PayPal since commissions are paid in multi-levels which is supposed to be a big NO for PayPal.

On the other end this is a company that almost appeared to be exempt from losing PayPal for a while. This shows PayPal really is cracking down stronger than ever.

The good thing is that based on what other owners are mentioning in this forum, PayPal is being very clear as to what they require to stay in good standing with them.

I think a good third-party affiliate network will do great things for not just the TE and Safelist industry but also for many of the great programs promoted within these platforms that currently have their affiliate program built in.

This could be a big plus if it's done right for owners. For those who promote products from Clickbank or JVzoo, how many times do you promote a product just because you trust the owner? I do it all the time.

If I trust the owner from a previous purchase and I know their reputation, I can comfortably search the marketplace to promote some of their other products that I haven't purchased or joined.

It will be interesting to see how this develops. Will a new affiliate marketplace be created? From what Rober Puddy mentioned in another post it appears this could be coming in the near future.

There are also other leaders in the industry with great programmers and ideas so it would not be a surprise if different options develop. Hopefully, this will create more solid programs and make the ones which already are even better.

rockyjohnson

Re: Another One Bites The Dust (No More PayPal For TrafficWave)

Post by rockyjohnson » Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:00 am

A separate third party marketplace would do a lot of good, as that will also eliminate the crook or hobby owners who open and close website every few months and scam people with excuses PayPal shut etc.
All payments should be processed through the third party marketplace and have same rules for payments as each owner make his own set of rules or say excuses for not paying.
If not changed recently, be careful, if using Trafficwave, they have a clause of account termination after 15 days inactive. You lose everything.

JonOlson

Post by JonOlson » Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:26 am

Oh crypto....You are looking more and more like an awesome option for everyone in this industry.

Sucks....Brian and Traffic Wave have been a mainstay and I know he'll crush it no matter what.

PayPal is cutting their feet off slowly but surely. The sooner we all move away from them, the better
"Saving Unicorns Daily!"

kurosivo

Post by kurosivo » Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:45 am

JonOlson wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:26 am

PayPal is cutting their feet off slowly but surely. The sooner we all move away from them, the better
Jon, I have the feeling that the money from the whole NM is just a drop in the bucket for Paypal!

It sorts of remind me a fun story we were saying when young...
"...a bird was hitchhiking on an elephant's back for some time and when he decided to leave, he tapped the
unsuspected pachyderm thanked it and apologized for being a burden for so long!..."

I know that you like unusual words so here is another Greek-derived one.
Pachyderm: From French pachyderme, from Ancient Greek παχύδερμος (pakhúdermos), from παχύς (pakhús, “thick”) + δέρμα (dérma, “skin”).
Christos Apostolides

Am I a scammer?

NFO-Wisdom

Post by NFO-Wisdom » Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:45 am

rockyjohnson wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:00 am
A separate third party marketplace would do a lot of good, as that will also eliminate the crook or hobby owners who open and close website every few months and scam people with excuses PayPal shut etc.
All payments should be processed through the third party marketplace and have same rules for payments as each owner make his own set of rules or say excuses for not paying.
If not changed recently, be careful, if using Trafficwave, they have a clause of account termination after 15 days inactive. You lose everything.
I've never been fond of Trafficwave, The NPN trumps TW, it pays better.

JonOlson

Post by JonOlson » Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:05 am

How much an autoresponder pays is irrelevant.

How much it can deliver. That's what matters.

Some of the biggest auto responders on the planet only pay like 5% commission. But deliver 100% of emails sent.

Make your money from what you promote. Anything you make from the autoresponder is a bonus.
"Saving Unicorns Daily!"

JonOlson

Post by JonOlson » Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:11 am

kurosivo wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:45 am

Jon, I have the feeling that the money from the whole NM is just a drop in the bucket for Paypal!

Oh I agree.

But it's still a chunk. And the more they make it hard for us legit businesses to do business with them, the sooner people will just give up and look for greener pastures....Which in my opinion, eventually will be crypto.
"Saving Unicorns Daily!"

kurosivo

Post by kurosivo » Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:26 am

JonOlson wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:11 am
kurosivo wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:45 am

Oh I agree.

But it's still a chunk. And the more they make it hard for us legit businesses to do business with them, the sooner people will just give up and look for greener pastures....Which in my opinion, eventually will be crypto.
If you are referring to people in our niche, that may indeed be our "greener pastures", but for the general public, cryptocurrency is still "nerdy" and very complex.
Christos Apostolides

Am I a scammer?

JonOlson

Post by JonOlson » Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:27 am

Oh I agree.

And when things like Coinbase become a lot easier to understand more people will adopt it.

I always think of it as when PayPal first started....Everyone was scared to use it. Terrified to put their account info on the web....But the more it's adopted, the more it will become mainstream.
"Saving Unicorns Daily!"

NFO-Wisdom

Post by NFO-Wisdom » Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:46 am

JonOlson wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:05 am
How much an autoresponder pays is irrelevant.

How much it can deliver. That's what matters.

Some of the biggest auto responders on the planet only pay like 5% commission. But deliver 100% of emails sent.

Make your money from what you promote. Anything you make from the autoresponder is a bonus.
Jon, I kinda value my time.

Making money online.

No guarantee people will read emails.

Checking all my email accounts to all those safelists, text ad exchanges,
I have over five million emails unopened.

Playing the numbers game, keep pounding out emails, there will be some opened.