Another One Bites The Dust (No More PayPal For TrafficWave)

Anything and everything should be discussed here. News and happenings going on in the world of online marketing!

Moderator: Richard Taylor

carljohndavies

Re: Another One Bites The Dust (No More PayPal For TrafficWave)

Post by carljohndavies » Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:45 pm

More and more companies are moving away from PayPal.

Adapting and embracing change is a must.

BenScott

Post by BenScott » Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:19 am

JonOlson wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:11 am
kurosivo wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:45 am

Jon, I have the feeling that the money from the whole NM is just a drop in the bucket for Paypal!

Oh I agree.

But it's still a chunk. And the more they make it hard for us legit businesses to do business with them, the sooner people will just give up and look for greener pastures....Which in my opinion, eventually will be crypto.
True Jon. TrafficWave is a pretty nice chunk though. From chunk to chunk they will feel it.

BenScott

Post by BenScott » Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:09 am

kurosivo wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:45 am
JonOlson wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:26 am

PayPal is cutting their feet off slowly but surely. The sooner we all move away from them, the better
Jon, I have the feeling that the money from the whole NM is just a drop in the bucket for Paypal!

It sorts of remind me a fun story we were saying when young...
"...a bird was hitchhiking on an elephant's back for some time and when he decided to leave, he tapped the
unsuspected pachyderm thanked it and apologized for being a burden for so long!..."

I know that you like unusual words so here is another Greek-derived one.
Pachyderm: From French pachyderme, from Ancient Greek παχύδερμος (pakhúdermos), from παχύς (pakhús, “thick”) + δέρμα (dérma, “skin”).
I remember when Yahoo was the king of the search engines and Google was just their crawler. They piggyback on Yahoo and Yahoo could not do anything to stop them. They avalanched over them overnight. Look at Blackberry, Blockbuster, and even Walmart doesn't look so dominant anymore.

I remember being confused about Netflix when they first came out. They started out by mailing out dvds. Competition thrives on moments like these and Crypto is in a very interesting position. We are talking about it more and more. Every day I get a little more comfortable with it and people are always looking for ways to make it easier to understand.

If PayPal really is targeting programs with the affiliate programs attached to it that is a whole lot more than traffic exchanges. PayPal is trying to protect the consumers but they don't have the capability to monitor all the websites that have an affiliate program built in. If they confuse it or relate it to a program that was a scam It's easier for them to ban them even if they are reputable.

They have the right to do it but naturally this makes Crypto more attractive to many owners of platforms that want to have their affiliate program built in. PayPal is a company that has to follow certain regulations and will play extra safe if they have to or if they don't trust something. Crypto is a currency that allows businesses much more flexibility. It's a whole different concept altogether. It has its pros and cons but things change really fast, especially on the internet.

rockyjohnson

Post by rockyjohnson » Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:04 am

Paypal is not worried about affiliate programs.
Most big affiliate marketplaces still pay with PayPal. Be it in any industry.
Paypal is worried about Traffic Exchanges, Get Quick Rich programs, thanks mostly due to Traffic Monsoon, which was a TE. That made Paypal crack down on all TE's thinking most are like it.

JonOlson

Post by JonOlson » Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:56 am

I'd argue it was a money making scheme disguised as a TE....Which brought a lot of drama into the industry. :(
"Saving Unicorns Daily!"

rockyjohnson

Post by rockyjohnson » Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:05 am

Jon, we in the industry can say it was disguised as a TE, but for people outside the industry, it was TE with Quick Rich scheme.
For all of them to look at TE's with suspicion is natural and the nature in which sites have disappeared in the recent past in the industry has also given them more reasons.
There should be a Cheat Owner List, who have closed sites without paying commissions, don't pay commissions etc.
All genuine Owners should boycott them even if they come back online with new sites or as an affiliate if still active in their sites.

JonOlson wrote:
Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:56 am
I'd argue it was a money making scheme disguised as a TE....Which brought a lot of drama into the industry. :(

gadrian

Post by gadrian » Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:41 am

Ah, and now Paypal is back for TrafficWave. They "made a mistake".

Which resulted in a real tumult for the users of TrafficWave services. And probably quite a few who switched processors. TrafficWave should have handled communication better too, if they wanted to keep Paypal.
My Blog / Membership Site: www.adrianshub.com

JonOlson

Post by JonOlson » Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:10 am

Ha ha ha ha ha ha Serious?

Oh boy....What a mess.

Good for Brian though...Good dude and a great program. The PayPal which hunt is over...For now lol
"Saving Unicorns Daily!"

gadrian

Post by gadrian » Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:43 am

JonOlson wrote:
Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:10 am
Ha ha ha ha ha ha Serious?
Right, I read their email this morning. Their appeal was accepted and Paypal is back as an alternative, for those who want it...
My Blog / Membership Site: www.adrianshub.com

sunnysuggs

Post by sunnysuggs » Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:10 pm

JonOlson wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:30 am
O.K.
It works!