Thank you page Misery

Anything and everything should be discussed here. News and happenings going on in the world of online marketing!

Moderator: Richard Taylor

4KSuccess

Thank you page Misery

Post by 4KSuccess » Sun Dec 24, 2017 1:37 pm

Good Morning

I hope the old adage "there is no such thing as a stupid question" still applies :)

I have recently been informed by a few new subscribers that my thank you page link no longer has my free ebook download.
Instead the subscribers are being redirected to a site homepage that they were not expecting.
I have verified this as true.

No RANT here, i guess that is just part of the business.

My question is here is how do i still offer the ebook as my "bait"

The end product site is still available and my page is converting fine for my level, i just can't figure out how to add my rebrandable book from my downloads to my thank you page as a link?

A total novice request i know, but Hey, what can a guy do :D

Thanks for any help i can get

Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas to All
Kevin Gerber
4K Success

hotbobs

Re: Thank you page Misery

Post by hotbobs » Sun Dec 24, 2017 4:56 pm

4KSuccess wrote:
Sun Dec 24, 2017 1:37 pm
Good Morning

I hope the old adage "there is no such thing as a stupid question" still applies :)

I have recently been informed by a few new subscribers that my thank you page link no longer has my free ebook download.
Instead the subscribers are being redirected to a site homepage that they were not expecting.

Suprisingly this comes up a lot for new guys, I asked this exact same question on a forum when i was new

Any file that isnt an html, php, PDF file will automatically give the option of a download if clicked on

so for example if your link is mysite.com/myebook.PDF then the PDF file will open in their browser. (this didnt use to be so but with modern browsers it now does)

If you dont want that to happen then the easiest workaround is to put the PDF (ebook) in a zip file, zip the ebook up load the zip file on your server so your link will be mysite.com/myebook.zip

Or you can use the original linkmyebook.pdf link...but give the instructions to right click on the link and chose download

Hope that helped some
If you haven't done it yet you should register at
http://www.adzly.com/r/78184

kurosivo

Post by kurosivo » Sun Dec 24, 2017 7:42 pm

4KSuccess wrote:
Sun Dec 24, 2017 1:37 pm
Good Morning

The end product site is still available and my page is converting fine for my level, i just can't figure out how to add my rebrandable book from my downloads to my thank you page as a link?

A total novice request i know, but Hey, what can a guy do :D

Thanks for any help i can get

Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas to All
Are you hosting the pages and the free download on your server, or are you using a third-party site for your squeeze pages?
Christos Apostolides
My Short Traffic Exchange List
======================
My Splash Ads - For Rod's sake! :)

4KSuccess

Post by 4KSuccess » Mon Dec 25, 2017 7:22 pm

Thank you for the response.

Yes. I am using a 3rd party squeeze page from ISPG, which I have been getting a good response to ( 1 subscriber a day on average ), so i would like to keep promoting the product I have chosen. ( for a bit longer anyways )

Thank you Robert, although I don't quite grasp your response ( still learning :) ) I will see if I am able to execute this using my ISPG page.

Thanks again for the help
Kevin Gerber
4K Success

kurosivo

Post by kurosivo » Tue Dec 26, 2017 3:55 pm

4KSuccess wrote:
Mon Dec 25, 2017 7:22 pm
Thank you for the response.

Yes. I am using a 3rd party squeeze page from ISPG, which I have been getting a good response to ( 1 subscriber a day on average ), so i would like to keep promoting the product I have chosen. ( for a bit longer anyways )

Thank you Robert, although I don't quite grasp your response ( still learning :) ) I will see if I am able to execute this using my ISPG page.

Thanks again for the help
in that case, you have to set up your autoresponder's settings correctly, so after they subscribe it will point to the download page.
If you are on Getresponse I can send you some print-screens. That's the only autoresponder I can offer help with.
Christos Apostolides
My Short Traffic Exchange List
======================
My Splash Ads - For Rod's sake! :)