Your Biggest Hurdle When It Comes To Email Marketing?

Techniques, tricks and tips from the fun filled world of email marketing. Want bigger and more responsive lists, this is the place to ask your questions...

Moderator: Richard Taylor

blainjones

Your Biggest Hurdle When It Comes To Email Marketing?

Post by blainjones » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:21 pm

I just wanted to ask and see what everyone's biggest hurdle is when it comes to email marketing, this can be anything from creating the initial list to traffic to what to do after all that or anything in between.

If there is something that you are confused about with email marketing, please bring it up. We can solve the riddle together!
Build Your List ->http://telistbuilder.com

JonOlson

Re: Your Biggest Hurdle When It Comes To Email Marketing?

Post by JonOlson » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:35 pm

Getting over the popular notion that you need a list of thousands.

In fact, I've heard it argued that you need about 100 dedicated customers / subscribers and you are golden!

Maybe we need to focus on 3, not 3000 people on our lists...If that makes any sense lol
"Saving Unicorns Daily!"

blainjones

Post by blainjones » Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:41 pm

I completely agree, but to me, I feel like that first list, that initial one is the opening to your funnel. Where you just get every possible subscriber. Are they all going to follow you into your program or whatever you want, absolutely not. But for the ones that do, you segment them into a different list. And you just keep refining until you have that list of 3 dedicated people and focus on them and growing that.

To me, that is how you start getting to the 100 dedicated customers.
Build Your List ->http://telistbuilder.com

cwsag

Post by cwsag » Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:30 am

The functions of Email Marketing and using an auto-responder are easy enough to learn, however I beleive that most of the issues come from not knowing what to send to your list after the welcome & thank you emails and the initial content used to entice people to sign up in the first place, are sent from the auto-responder.

I have found what works best for me is ask my list if there is anything that they need help with and work with those who answer. This is a good way to come up with content to share with your list as there may be others who are having the same issues but are nervous or scared to reach out and ask for help.
TE Owner + PHP Programmer + Internet Marketer + Web Designer + Graphic Artist

JonOlson

Post by JonOlson » Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:37 am

cwsag wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:30 am
The functions of Email Marketing and using an auto-responder are easy enough to learn, however I beleive that most of the issues come from not knowing what to send to your list after the welcome & thank you emails and the initial content used to entice people to sign up in the first place, are sent from the auto-responder.
This is bang on!

I agree completely.

The more emphasis we focus on the what, why and how the better.
"Saving Unicorns Daily!"

abartolovic

Post by abartolovic » Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:24 pm

My biggest problem is that I have not find the "this is it" to promote yet. I like a few trafficexchangers and safelists, I am also promoting a couple of online strategy games which can lead to earn some money and are fun, but before building a list (and paying for an autoresponder) I need the "what for" to do it.

I know for sure I don't believe in all those "get rich overnight" programs. Not to mention all those matrices out there...

I want to do the work, I want to do what it takes, but I think I am stuck before even the start LOL

JonOlson

Post by JonOlson » Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:24 pm

Something I always recommend is to 'promote you first'

Meaning, build your personal brand and list by promoting you and what you can offer to people so they get to know like and trust you.

If you promote you first, the relationships grow, through great content and communication...And then you 'recommend' products or services to your lists.
"Saving Unicorns Daily!"

TimLinden

Post by TimLinden » Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:04 am

abartolovic wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:24 pm
My biggest problem is that I have not find the "this is it" to promote yet. I like a few trafficexchangers and safelists, I am also promoting a couple of online strategy games which can lead to earn some money and are fun, but before building a list (and paying for an autoresponder) I need the "what for" to do it.

I know for sure I don't believe in all those "get rich overnight" programs. Not to mention all those matrices out there...

I want to do the work, I want to do what it takes, but I think I am stuck before even the start LOL
If you have the drive and knowhow, try hitting up local small businesses and seeing if you can either handle their email for them or convince them to use RocketResponder. You'll get the recurring for it.

I helped a friend with his offline business and he was ecstatic. It took very little effort for me but he thought it was huge. There are endless number of small businesses with the opposite problem. They have customers they want to email but don't know how. They have content and clients, all you do is hit send for them.

preciousns

Post by preciousns » Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:08 am

JonOlson wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:24 pm
Something I always recommend is to 'promote you first'

Meaning, build your personal brand and list by promoting you and what you can offer to people so they get to know like and trust you.

If you promote you first, the relationships grow, through great content and communication...And then you 'recommend' products or services to your lists.
That sounds like a really good way to start. I hadn't thought about "promoting me" to my list first, but it makes sense. I want to be the person that truly helps my subscribers, and in order for them to trust me I need to build a relationship with them.

Thanks for sharing the tip
Stephanie
Make Your Dream Of Success A Reality - https://www.PreciousNewStart.com

carljohndavies

Post by carljohndavies » Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:30 pm

What's some other ways to drive traffic to build our lists, apart from traffic exchanges?

Would love to hear more about this.