TE Politics

A Net Marketing Forum classic thread! What's grinding your gears?

Moderator: Richard Taylor

Caroline

TE Politics

Post by Caroline » Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:51 pm

Man! I thought working as an online marketer would save me from office politics. Apparently not. We have TE politics. This or that TE owner won`t let you advertise this or that program because he/she doesn`t like or agree with whatever affiliate program owner you are promoting or using. :twisted:

It`s getting so you need several splash/squeeze page makers, several rotators and trackers to get anything done today. It`s childish and stupid and wastes my time and money, which I don`t have enough of already.

I can understand banning sites that are dubious when it comes to legality or that prey on the unsuspecting newbie but otherwise, what I wish to advertise is none of the TE`s business as far as I`m concerned.

Some might say, well, don`t advertise there....but when a TE has a HUGE membership base, I`m losing a lot of potential customers by not advertising there. Not everyone uses the same TEs and so I like to use a variety of traffic exchanges for that reason.

It`s supremely frustrating! Does anyone else feel this way?

Caroline

JonOlson

Re: TE Politics

Post by JonOlson » Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:47 pm

Yeah, we've been banned and blocked for years and to this day, we still allowed their sites.

It's funny. Hurts the industry as a whole I think cause of these little vendettas and revenge rants.
"Saving Unicorns Daily!"

Caroline

Post by Caroline » Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:18 am

I agree Jon. It does hurt the industry. It`s very unprofessional. Unfortunately, Timtech is not the only banned site. It seems some go so far as to ban by association such as in the case of AdKreator. Land Marketing is also on this list and I`ve never had any issues with either Doug or Louise.

JonOlson

Post by JonOlson » Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:47 am

Doug loves me :)
"Saving Unicorns Daily!"

NFO-Wisdom

Post by NFO-Wisdom » Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:20 am

ROFLMAO

Caroline, I told you about drinking that Kool-Aid.
CNN is not the only channel that peddles fake news :lol:

hotbobs

Post by hotbobs » Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:33 am

Caroline wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:51 pm
Man! I thought working as an online marketer would save me from office politics. Apparently not.

I can understand banning sites that are dubious when it comes to legality or that prey on the unsuspecting newbie but otherwise, what I wish to advertise is none of the TE`s business as far as I`m concerned.

It`s supremely frustrating! Does anyone else feel this way?

Caroline
While i have no opinion either way on the reasons for this happening (its the new PC me) I would like to remind people that its a programe owners right to set their own rules and conditions.

This is not just in TE's,

Paypal has made pretty much made the same decisions regarding TE's despite them not being unlawful.

payment processors and a lot of TE's say no to PTC & PTP sites
If you haven't done it yet you should register at
http://www.adzly.com/r/78184

Caroline

Post by Caroline » Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:38 pm

Robert, when you say: Paypal has made pretty much made the same decisions regarding TE's despite them not being unlawful.
payment processors and a lot of TE's say no to PTC & PTP sites.........That I get. What I am talking about is the banning of sites purely out of spite...not cool.

CarlaFrey

Post by CarlaFrey » Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:34 pm

Thank you Caroline, I agree completely. There have been times when i lost so much time because certain trackers, or rotators or sites were banned. Even my blog was banned from one because it mentioned in a review one of the "banned" sites.. Totally frustrating
I'm here to help others to be all they dream of and learn from all of you.
http://carlas-earnincomeonline.com

Richard Taylor

Post by Richard Taylor » Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:37 am

Despite it being frustrating or not cool, you do not have the right, implied or codified, to advertise whatever you want wherever you want.

However, the business owner does, in fact, have legal precedence established that allows them to determine what they will, or not, allow to be advertised utilizing their services PROVIDING it does not violate established law(s) with regard to discrimination in force within the jurisdiction of that businesses operations.

Do some TEs take this to the extreme in some instances? Of course! All businesses are ultimately vulnerable to the decisions of the owner.

The solution, short of an extended costly legal situation (in which you may not prevail), is simple. Don't use those products/services!

Given that there are dozens (if not hundreds) of TEs out there, choices are not exactly limited in scope for opportunities to advertise.

Of course, you could also advertise your own business or yourself in those, and direct them to the other (banned/limited) resources through lists, blogs, video, or other resources. Options abound for ways to bring your message to the masses in almost all instances. Be creative!
"The only limits we have are those we impose upon ourselves. Remove the limits!"

JonOlson

Post by JonOlson » Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:39 am

Richard Taylor wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:37 am
Despite it being frustrating or not cool, you do not have the right, implied or codified, to advertise whatever you want wherever you want.

However, the business owner does, in fact, have legal precedence established that allows them to determine what they will, or not, allow to be advertised utilizing their services PROVIDING it does not violate established law(s) with regard to discrimination in force within the jurisdiction of that businesses operations.

Do some TEs take this to the extreme in some instances? Of course! All businesses are ultimately vulnerable to the decisions of the owner.

The solution, short of an extended costly legal situation (in which you may not prevail), is simple. Don't use those products/services!

Given that there are dozens (if not hundreds) of TEs out there, choices are not exactly limited in scope for opportunities to advertise.

Of course, you could also advertise your own business or yourself in those, and direct them to the other (banned/limited) resources through lists, blogs, video, or other resources. Options abound for ways to bring your message to the masses in almost all instances. Be creative!

Most of what is banned or not allowed is my stuff. AKA Rocket Responder, CTP and Trck.me being the big one.

These owners have vendettas against us from years if not a decade ago and hurt our businesses, our members and ultimately theirs because of....Ego and pride.
"Saving Unicorns Daily!"