Not Paying Commissions Suck!

A Net Marketing Forum classic thread! What's grinding your gears?

Moderator: Richard Taylor

JonOlson

Re: Not Paying Commissions Suck!

Post by JonOlson » Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:49 pm

Tim - It sucks man.

Not sure what else you can do, you've been bringing it up for a while now and still no action on his part?

Hope he sends you what you are owed. :(
"Saving Unicorns Daily!"

TimHanson

Post by TimHanson » Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:07 am

He's not going to pay, seemed pretty clear in the email chain that
I would happily share with anyone. Liked his programs but after this
I have learned a valuable lesson. Hopefully the dispute I filed with my
credit card company will handle the issue. I just would hate to see
other people suffer the same. Jesus all I did was ask for some pidly
commissions to see if he paid, guess now I know. Water under the bridge
now. It stings a bit because it was the first time I have gotten burned .

I could careless about the commissions , more upset that I paid for the upgrades
in 3 of them and as of last night my accounts were suspended or deleted.

1. I followed the rules
2. I requested commissions
3. I was never replied to
4. I ran 1 email campaign for a program that I promote that pays commissions and threw a shot that he did not pay(3 months)
5. This illicted a reply calling me unprofessional, myaccounts were locked at that time.
6. His sites went down due to reported DDOS attack and my accounts came back with the reboot miraculously.(Month 5)
7. I sent monthly commission requests, tried to contact through social media and skype
8. I tried a support ticket with questions about changing my payment method for solo ads i was not receiving.
9. I started replying to his daily mails and promotions of more sites.
10. I did a survey to see if others were having simlilar issues.
11. I emailed 2 known associates of his explaining what was happening.
12. I get the response yet again that I am unprofessional and a troll.

I lost what I spent in upgrades, the commissions and the solo ads as well as time promoting and
now feel like I have promoted something and that other people will be met with the same treatment.

He lost a good promoter and active user of his sites but as he said in the email he doesn't have time for people like me.

Thats ok , i have plenty of other resources and program owners worthy of my business.

Chin up will continue to do what I do.

BenScott

Post by BenScott » Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:40 am

hotbobs wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:12 am
No

I have had long chats with payment processors and merchant account providers, its the attached affiliate programs that is the red flag.

They want the affiliate program completely separate from the site.

Though I do agree the fact that different levels get different com levels exasperates the problem. The fix as they see it is not having the affiliate program inbuilt, but run by independent 3rd party sites that they will have better control over.

As a software developer Its our job to keep up with changes in the IM space including payment processors, so we make sure we are in dialogue with the right people...

This is becoming such a strong movement towards aff program separation by the payment processors, that we are already looking at rewriting our software products to make the affiliate part of it a separate plugin that can be run through (hopefully our own) 3rd party program.

You may not like this boys and girls but that is the reality
Makes total sense. Imagine if all the sellers in JVZOO were not using JVZOO and they all had their own built in affiliate program? It would be crazy. Paypals job is to be a payment processor and they would have to police all of these thousands of sellers to see if their breaking any laws which could cause them legal issues if they get caught in a scandal.

With JVZOO they have a set standard and their own policies as to who can use them. Their job is to oversee that sellers are following policies and Paypals keeps the communication with one company JVZOO. Instead of thousands. That's kind of like what's happening with TE's, safelists, etc. And sadly there are plenty of bad apples and it's kind of crazy for a payment processor to have to communicate with them all.

It's impossible to build rapport with thousands of TE's running their own built in affiliate program but rapport and trust can definitely be built with a few independent 3rd party sites.

rockyjohnson

Post by rockyjohnson » Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:29 pm

Just an Idea, how about a Marketplace for TE and Safelist Affiliate Marketing like jvzoo and others for this industry.
A few owners can combine, they can set rules, as being part of the industry they know the inns and out of the industry and invite others if they want to join the marketplace for affiliate promotions.
That can also eliminate the shady owners who are only in for few months, as commissions would be paid by the marketplace.
Paypal issues can also be solved with this.
BenScott wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:40 am

Makes total sense. Imagine if all the sellers in JVZOO were not using JVZOO and they all had their own built in affiliate program? It would be crazy. Paypals job is to be a payment processor and they would have to police all of these thousands of sellers to see if their breaking any laws which could cause them legal issues if they get caught in a scandal.

With JVZOO they have a set standard and their own policies as to who can use them. Their job is to oversee that sellers are following policies and Paypals keeps the communication with one company JVZOO. Instead of thousands. That's kind of like what's happening with TE's, safelists, etc. And sadly there are plenty of bad apples and it's kind of crazy for a payment processor to have to communicate with them all.

It's impossible to build rapport with thousands of TE's running their own built in affiliate program but rapport and trust can definitely be built with a few independent 3rd party sites.