Not Paying Commissions Suck!

A Net Marketing Forum classic thread! What's grinding your gears?

Moderator: Richard Taylor

JonOlson

Re: Not Paying Commissions Suck!

Post by JonOlson » Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:24 pm

kurosivo wrote:
Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:39 am

I think I am the last person who managed to log in!
Back in February my wife was visiting her parents abroad, our shop was closed for some minor renovation, and with nothing else to do, I decided to have a look at some of the programs I was using years ago. Most of them were of course gone, but quite a lot were still around and thriving. Mostly Traffic exchanges. My old links were still there and they were all tracked by Profitrally (it was in this form, ht tp:// ads.profitrally.com/xxxxxx ) To my great surprise the tracker was still working and redirecting, so I went there and logged in with no problem! It was like a trip to the past! A week after I tried to visit again, just to check what programs were listed and check if they are still around, but it wasn't working anymore.

Axel was a great owner, always paying on time, great at support, a very talented coder, and a fine person. His program was very successful and just before his "exit", he launched a splash page creator program...I cannot recall the name right now.
He did fell victim on one of Paypal's witch hunts! His account, with all the money for the commissions, was frozen! He did try for a couple of months to get his money, without succeeding, and then he just disappeared...! He kept the site open, on complete autopilot, for many many years.
Yeah man, he had a special talent for both design and coding...His stuff worked great and looked fantastic too.

PR was one of the best programs I ever joined. Shame that happened to him. What could of been...
"Saving Unicorns Daily!"

NFO-Wisdom

Post by NFO-Wisdom » Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:43 pm

hotbobs wrote:
Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:36 am
valerie wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:11 pm

There IS no excuse for not paying your members. None. Not when they bank, Not when they don't bank.
I agree... no argument from me about that, where we differ is in the implementation of standards and rules,

I hope you agree that no program owner is forced to run an affiliate program at all.

BUT... if they do they are entitled to set the rules for such an affiliate program, including having an up to date account with all the information required to run that affiliate program efficiently.

The rules will be (and should be) that ok now you registered has a member do you now want to be in the affiliate program... if you do this is what you must do to comply with the affiliate programs rules.

1. chose your preferred payment processor
2. have a payment processor email in your profile

Not having those things will indicate you do not want to take part in the affiliate program, which is of course your right
Puddy, thanks for informing that you're willing to take advantage of your newbie members and lay blame on your members that's making you money at their expense.

After all, those who are upgraded are paying you to advertise a business they don't own and giving you tons of free advertising to boot, saving you tons of advertising expense.

Edit: typo
Last edited by NFO-Wisdom on Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

valerie

Post by valerie » Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:52 pm

I know there are people that want to drag out a topic but I only have the one hole in my face that I talk out of.

I made it very plain what I do when I have programs in which members may choose to earn and what I believe
to be honest and ethical.

I am not sure why anyone would want to complicate that. An owner would place in their terms/policies the
complete information for being paid their earnings.

As an example of the writing on the walls:

Some owners may state the earnings as forfeited if correct payment information is not entered.
Some owners may state the member/affiliate has 90 days to request their earnings and thereby forfeit if not requested.

In regards to a power grid going out and your site disappearing, don't you know what that is?
If Jesus comes tomorrow and the world ends, don't you know what that is?
Well it is no different than payment processors freezing your account.
This is exactly why administrators make their terms and policies very clear in regards to the unforeseeable.

No one can pull cheese from the moon. All you can do is be honest, have enough business sense and know how to write out
your terms and policies correctly.

If you don't want people to bank their earnings, you should make that clear in your terms.

tonytezak

Post by tonytezak » Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:54 pm

This is not the first go around for Matthew Grave not paying commissions. He has done this off and on for 10 years! BUT guess what! People wjll keep joining his next lunch! They do it all the time and then complain when he does not pay. LOL! He alays has some excuse - there are NO excuses for not paying commissions. Not paying commissions means the owner spent money that was not his. His money comes after he pays commissions! Period!

Oh yes, some will come up with a 100 excuses why some can't pay. Read my lips - there are no good excuses for not paying commissions.
Tony Tezak
My Traffic Exchange http://tezzers.com/?rid=5

NFO-Wisdom

Post by NFO-Wisdom » Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:57 pm

tonytezak wrote:
Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:54 pm
This is not the first go around for Matthew Grave not paying commissions. He has done this off and on for 10 years! BUT guess what! People wjll keep joining his next lunch! They do it all the time and then complain when he does not pay. LOL! He alays has some excuse - there are NO excuses for not paying commissions. Not paying commissions means the owner spent money that was not his. His money comes after he pays commissions! Period!

Oh yes, some will come up with a 100 excuses why some can't pay. Read my lips - there are no good excuses for not paying commissions.
Just like the lame excuse Puddy is dishing out, when the solution is to make it mandatory
to complete the field of the email address to be paid, other wise one can't proceed to register.

tonytezak

Post by tonytezak » Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:06 pm

NFO-Wisdom wrote:
Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:57 pm
tonytezak wrote:

Just like the lame excuse Puddy is dishing out, when the solution is to make it mandatory
to complete the field of the email address to be paid, other wise one can't proceed to register.
I happen to agree with Robert on this :) We are not banks. I do not think it is too much to ask people to put in a payment processor email address.
Tony Tezak
My Traffic Exchange http://tezzers.com/?rid=5

NFO-Wisdom

Post by NFO-Wisdom » Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:21 pm

tonytezak wrote:
Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:06 pm
NFO-Wisdom wrote:
tonytezak wrote:

I happen to agree with Robert on this :) We are not banks. I do not think it is too much to ask people to put in a payment processor email address.
Let's see, Te owners, not all, but will require for people to provide their home address, but they don't
make it mandatory for members to select how they wish to be paid.

I guess that sole purpose so the site owners can pocket their members commissions. I get it now!

NFO-Wisdom

Post by NFO-Wisdom » Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:29 pm

tonytezak wrote:
Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:06 pm
NFO-Wisdom wrote:
tonytezak wrote:

Tony, thanks for letting Google know that Te owners can't be trusted, but lay the blame on the newbies you
all coach in.

In the newbies minds, you guys are suppose to be some kind of mentors, of course, myself
I know better. I was under that illusion back in the day.

hotbobs

Post by hotbobs » Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:17 pm

NFO-Wisdom wrote:
Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:43 pm

Puddy, thanks for informing that you're willing to take advantage of your newbie members and lay blame on your members that's making you money at their expense.

After all, those who are upgraded are paying you to advertise a business they don't own and giving you tons of free advertising to boot, saving you tons of advertising expense.

So me asking for 2 simple things...
1. chose your preferred payment processor
2. have a payment processor email in your profile

Not having those things will indicate you do not want to take part in the affiliate program, which is of course your right
Makes me a rip off merchant?

Has it not occurred to you that without those 2 bits of information its impossible to pay anyone, has it also not occurred to you that by me enforcing those 2 bits of vital info I will actually end up paying out more in commissions because it forces people to check their profiles more often.

I'm not ripping off newbies I'm doing them a favour
If you haven't done it yet you should register at
http://www.adzly.com/r/78184

hotbobs

Post by hotbobs » Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:24 pm

valerie wrote:
Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:52 pm
An owner would place in their terms/policies the
complete information for being paid their earnings.

As an example of the writing on the walls:

Some owners may state the earnings as forfeited if correct payment information is not entered.
Some owners may state the member/affiliate has 90 days to request their earnings and thereby forfeit if not requested.

If you don't want people to bank their earnings, you should make that clear in your terms.
I don't have any problem with that bit, it certainly will be made clear front and centre the rules for being an affiliate.

Both on the affiliate tools page and on the commissions page.

If all you and I are debating is the TOS being prominently displayed then we are both in 100% agreement
If you haven't done it yet you should register at
http://www.adzly.com/r/78184