You can be what you want to be

Don't see a category that fits your post? Here's the place to let it out!

Moderator: Richard Taylor

Paul_Nulty

You can be what you want to be

Post by Paul_Nulty » Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:05 am

I was once stuck in one of those 9-5 deals where I would religiously rise to the sound emitted from a small blue plastic noisy thing that used to make a horrible sound at 7am in the morning, all so I could get up and show up at work on time. I decided one day that I needed to change, I decided to create a better life for myself working from home. My desire was bigger than my excuses and so I started to take positive action to make it happen, it has not been easy but it has been worth it and now I wake up when I'm ready to wake up, no alarm ⏰ and no commute. I go to sleep when I want to sleep because no need to worry about that pesky alarm clock. Some people take great pride in what they do and don't mind doing their 9-5 job but can a job really afford you a great lifestyle? I knew I would never afford the things I wanted with a salary but more so a J. O. B. can be so time consuming and demanding. My desire was never really about the money it was about the lifestyle, I made it a priority and achieved the lifestyle, the money comes and goes and sometimes I do get tired of working from home but it always beats working in a cold workshop in the winter months covered in grease and oil. I turned my full time job in to a part time hobby and built a business around the lifestyle I wanted. Some people call it the laptop lifestyle or the freedom lifestyle, it's not all rosey like it's not as if I don't do any work. I just have a different way of working and a different way of living. Anyone who has the desire to do it can do it. "You can be what you want to be". Read the Tim Ferris 4 hour work week for some brain hacks to help you achieve the lifestyle you want. :D

JonOlson

Re: You can be what you want to be

Post by JonOlson » Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:17 am

Urgggh 4 hour work week!

That thing changed my life. But also ruined it at the same time LOLOL It's a good book though for sure.
"Saving Unicorns Daily!"

Paul_Nulty

Post by Paul_Nulty » Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:23 am

JonOlson wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:17 am
Urgggh 4 hour work week!

That thing changed my life. But also ruined it at the same time LOLOL It's a good book though for sure.
I just think it's good in the sense that it can shift ones type of thinking to one that is more in favour of achieving the desired goal. I always like to say it's not easy but it is worth it.
Last edited by Paul_Nulty on Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

JonOlson

Post by JonOlson » Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:27 am

Oh it's a great book. Loved every minute of it.
"Saving Unicorns Daily!"

Paul_Nulty

Post by Paul_Nulty » Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:54 am

I'm not sure what to think about your previous comment but maybe you could cover that sometime in a vlog? Then I might get a better understanding
:D

JonOlson

Post by JonOlson » Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:58 am

Ahhh lol

It was a running joke between me and a few others that read the book.

I consider it one of the more important books to read but at the same time could be dangerous.

It teaches you great time management and how to life a care free lifestyle, but did make me 'lazy' because I sat back and didn't work as hard as I used to.

So the advice is great, you just need to be in the right mindset to maximize the advice given.

I loved the book though LOL Honest! lol
"Saving Unicorns Daily!"

CarlaFrey

Post by CarlaFrey » Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:05 am

I enjoyed your post and enjoy hearing of those who have actually achieved the lifestyle you want. Thanks for sharing.. I have the same goal, to be able to live a better lifestyle without having to live the 9-5 gerbil wheel. I am building it day by day.
I'm here to help others to be all they dream of and learn from all of you.
http://carlas-earnincomeonline.com

Paul_Nulty

Post by Paul_Nulty » Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:59 pm

CarlaFrey wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:05 am
I enjoyed your post and enjoy hearing of those who have actually achieved the lifestyle you want. Thanks for sharing.. I have the same goal, to be able to live a better lifestyle without having to live the 9-5 gerbil wheel. I am building it day by day.
It's an inside job, it starts with an idea 💡 I saved myself 200 - 250 GBP monthly on travel and fuel costs by making the switch and quitting my job. That's an instant pay rise as soon as you transition.

Paul_Nulty

Post by Paul_Nulty » Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:08 pm

JonOlson wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:58 am
Ahhh lol

It was a running joke between me and a few others that read the book.

I consider it one of the more important books to read but at the same time could be dangerous.

It teaches you great time management and how to life a care free lifestyle, but did make me 'lazy' because I sat back and didn't work as hard as I used to.

So the advice is great, you just need to be in the right mindset to maximize the advice given.

I loved the book though LOL Honest! lol
Ah, I get you, I'm not sure if it's good to start out working only 4 hours per week (every week) but from a business stand point with the correct action and planning it is possible to achieve great results in just 4 hours. There was a time where I was so obsessed with what I was doing I would forget to eat and sleep and 16 hour days were almost routine. So if you love what you do you will tend to do it more. I think it's good to stay productive but also good to know that you can kick back from time to time. I think having that freedom and control over your work life and time as an Entrepreneur is golden.